CONQUER 100 IS NOT A USAT SANCTIONED SERIES OF DAYS…THIS IS A PERSONAL CHALLENGE!!!!!
IF YOU ARE SICK, PLEASE DO NOT PARTICIPATE. WE NEED TO AVOID ANY RISK OF JAMES BECOMING ILL.
CONQUER 100 IS A SELF-SUPPORTED EVENT.
- Swim distance will be 2.4 miles, in whatever increments desired. 2.4 miles is equal to 3862 meters and 4224 yards.
- The Long Distance Triathlon Competition Rules allow for competitors to stop or rest at any time during the swim. If you or a fellow athlete needs help, raise your hand to alert a lifeguard or safety boat. Feel free to hold on to a static object like a raft, buoy, or dock.
- James will be wearing a wetsuit.
- Drafting is acceptable.
- Jogging is permitted in the water if deemed necessary. This is not illegal in triathlon racing, except ITU sanctioned races.
- The swim will be tracked by a numerical flip chart and electronic device.
- The entire swim will be filmed daily.
- James will cover 39 lengths of a 50-meter pool and 86 lengths of a 25-yard pool. A length is considered there and back.
- Swimming spectators will be first come, first serve. It is FREE to come spectate.
- There is a cost of $3.50 to enter the Lindon Aquatic and join us for the swim.
- Please use a different lane than James when swimming ‘with’ him.
- The swim will take place at Lindon Aquatic center located at 60 W 60 N, Lindon, UT 84042 Mon-Sun. In the case of an emergency shut down, we will be swimming at the Orem VASA situated at 1585 N State St, Orem, UT 84057
- If pools are closed, a new location will be announced.
- The pool will be open to swimmers and guests until June 1-8, when it will be open to guests only. If you would like to participate in the full you will need to find another pool during this time.
- If all public pools are closed for some reason, we will swim in a neighborhood pool that is 15 yards.
- All pools used with be measured to ensure proper swim distance.
- The 112-mile minimum will be covered each day.
- Drafting is legal.
- Courses will be posted. If you are joining, we HIGHLY recommend you download the GPX file.
- We will announce which course will be used posted daily. Clockwise or counterclockwise.
- There will be a chase car following James throughout the whole ride.
- James can switch to any bike for any reason.
- There will be NO electric bikes used.
- James will stop as frequently as he desires.
- James will be stopping to refuel, most likely at a gas station. Bring money! A designated daily stopping point will be on the course map.
- Watch out for James’ excessive farts!
- James will be sticking to a rigorous schedule; he will not be waiting or speeding up to bike with anyone.
- Please no high-risk behavior, like selfies while biking.
- The chase car is for James only. We will not carry your supplies (Note #9).
- Download the GPX file for your bike computer. You are responsible for knowing the course.
- Be conscious of James’ space and safety.
- James will always ride with Wingman Aaron in front of him.
- Littering is unacceptable! We have to live here when this is all done, be respectful and conscious of your conduct!
- Follow traffic rules; it’s an open course, YOU are responsible for YOUR safety.
- There will be NO aid stations (Note #9).
- We will direct you to a different bike finish line for your transition. James will transition at his home, and NO ONE is allowed to transition with James. Please see additional maps for public T2.
- Parking instructions will be provided in the course section of the website.
- Use bike etiquette. Stay out of the road and on the shoulder. Again, this is an open course.
- Remember NO LITTERING, or you will hear from Sunny!
- There are restrooms on the run trail. Please only relieve yourself at these restrooms.
- There are also drinking fountains, and bathroom sinks, to refill your water at these restroom stops.
- There will be NO aid stations; this is a self-supported race.
- We will provide a table/location for you to drop things on the run. It will be back and forth, so you can leave things at this table. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU LEAVE AT THIS TABLE.
- Bring a headlamp and/or reflective vest for early season days and your safety.
- Clear the finish line as soon as possible.
- Noise, keep it down so that the neighbors don’t regret cooperating!
- James will leave the finish line within 15 minutes, don’t be offended. Remember, this is a 100-day event for him.
- Keep right on the running path; people will be coming from the other direction.
- If running with music, please keep the volume low, or use headphones.
- Keep curse words in your head, no explicit language.
- Be conscious of James’ space and safety.